London Reels holds social Scottish Dances throughout the reeling season (September to June) at St Columba’s Church of Scotland, Pont Street, London SW1X 0BD (nearest tube: Knightsbridge).
Doors open at 6.45pm. Teaching is conducted between 7-8.15pm when they will introduce you to / remind you of the dances before the ‘Social’ starts at 8.15pm.
Videos of all dances taught can be seen on their London Reels website, and on YouTube. Christmas and Summer Parties start at 7.30pm and don’t have any teaching but do include a live band.
The price for the evening (including refreshments) is £9 (£7 if you’re wearing tartan or have proof of student status). Parties are £10 (£9 for kilts). They give their profits to charity.
To protect the dance floor, please do not wear shoes with sharp, spike heels or marking soles – the church are very strict on this!
If you wish to join their mailing list, please sign up here: http://www.londonreels.co.uk/contact-us
Upcoming sessions for your diary:
- Tuesday 11th June 2019 (Summer Party with Supergrouse) –
- Tuesday 17th September 2019 (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 8th October (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 12th November (7-10.30pm) –
- Christmas Party: Tuesday 10th December (with live band) (7.30-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 14th January 2020 (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 11th February (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 10th March (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 14th April (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 12th May (7-10.30pm) –
- Tuesday 9th June (7.30-10.30 – Summer Party with live band)
- More info at www.LondonReels.co.uk